New Caney ISD Breaks Ground on High School #3
The new high school will be located on Sorters McClellan Road, south of Lone Star College-Kingwood, and is scheduled to open for the 2022 school year.
New Caney Independent School District encompasses 86.48 square miles, located approximately 25 miles northeast of downtown Houston, Texas in Montgomery County. Originally organized as a common school district in 1938, voters approved a proposition to convert to an independent school district, Jan. 12, 1957.
Today, New Caney ISD is among the fastest-growing school districts in Texas. Enrollment has doubled in the last 15 years to more than 16,000 students and 19 campuses.
Growth and Demographics
- 19 schools including two comprehensive high schools and one early college high school
- Opened latest elementary school, Brookwood Forest Elementary School, in August 2018
- Texas Fast Growth school district, #1 in Houston area and #4 in Texas (2011-2017)
- 6-year enrollment growth = 31%
- 162% enrollment growth over the last 20 years
- Housing starts within NCISD up 52% | 2019 Demographic Study
- 79% enrollment growth from actively building subdivisions
- Demographic Studies: 2015, 2016, 2019
- 9 facilities & 6,500 seats added between 2012-2018
- 2,340 news seats planned 2018-2023
- Voters approved a bond measure in May 2018 to build district’s third comprehensive high school, replace two schools, expand an existing school