Explore our Blog
Recent Blog Posts
Popular Blog Posts
LocalMeA Minute -State of the Lake Houston Area Lunch informs of growth, its benefits and challenges
30 April, 2019
Today's State of the Lake Houston Area luncheon Co-Presented by Community Impact Lake Houston / Humble / Kingwood and First Financial Bank Texas had a TON of great information.
The speakers were:
- Mark Mitchell, President, Lake Houston Area Economic Development Partnership
- Adam McAlpine, Partner, McAlpine Interests
- John Flournoy, Director of Sales & Leasing Generation Park
- Jason Stuebe, City Manager, City of Humble
Some of the topics covered were:
- Kingwood road and infrastructure expansions, like Northpark Dr and Loop 494, are bringing more people to the area and will alleviate traffic. Recovery is still ongoing from the flooding and tax value has suffered because of that.
- Commercial developers that originally didn't want to invest in the Atascocita area because of the high MUD taxes are now seeing the worth in the fast-growing Lake Houston Area community.
- Developments along the 59 Corridor are diversifying the tax base for the City of Humble. These projects are being easily absorbed by Humble officials.
- Generation Park will have the highest tax value in the Lake Houston Area very soon, as it is already increasing at an exponential rate. With possible medical and upcoming educational projects, along with recreational amenities like West Lake, this development will be a sight to see. "We want to make sure everyone loves coming to Generation Park" - John Flournoy
Chamber President & CEO Jenna Armstrong and Lake Houston Area Economic Development Partnership President Mark Mitchell tell us more...
29 April, 2019
More than 37 Million Americans suffer from sinusitis every year, making it one of the most common health conditions in the country. In this video, the experts from Kingwood Emergency Hospital explain its causes, symptoms and treatment suggestion.
28 April, 2019
The Family Promise of Lake Houston's Chicks & Hogs 10th Annual BBQ & Brew-Off welcomed over 2,200 supporters enjoying a day of local BBQ, brew, music, and fun throughout the day. Executive Director Carole Brady tells us more followed by event sponsor Planet Ford 59's Michael Sosa about their Taste of Freedom tent in Kingwood, TX.