Why your business should care about online reviewsBookmark this
The simple answer? New customers.
Today's customer rarely buys or tries anything new without doing online research, and that means reading reviews. I interact with successful business owners all the time and am surprised at how many are unaware of their online reputation. Some are not even sure if they have a Google My Business Listing. If your business is already doing well, then why care? New customers, that's why!
According to BrightLocal's 2018 Review Survey:
- 86% of consumers read reviews for local businesses (including 95% of people aged 18-34)
- Consumers read an average of 10 online reviews before feeling able to trust a local business
- 40% of consumers only take into account reviews written within the past 2 weeks – up from 18% last year
- 57% of consumers will only use a business if it has 4 or more stars
- 80% of 18-34 year olds have written online reviews – compared to just 41% of consumers over 55
- 91% of 18-34 year olds trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- 89% of consumers read businesses' responses to reviews
How many new customers didn't visit your business or use your services because they couldn't find current reviews about you? You will never know. But one thing we are all taught as business owners is to never settle. There are always new customers and being a household name is not as easy as it used to be. Online Reputation Management is an important part of marketing your business, and you should be taking advantage of it. I bet your competitors are.
If you would like to learn how Local Influence can help with an easy-to-use yet powerful Reputation Management System and Promote Your Business to the Lake Houston / Greater East Montgomery County area, please contact us.
PS We all read reviews, but do you write them?